Professional Learning Communities
What is a Professional Learning Community?
A professional learning community encompasses the entire learning community of Park View. Park View engages in a continuous improvement process to ensure higher levels of learning for everyone within the community. As a unit, our work is focused on the three big ideas: A focus on learning, a collaborative culture and collective responsibility, and a results orientation.
How does a Professional Learning Community impact my student(s)?
Park View staff have been assigned to collaborative teams that work interdependently to promote high levels of learning for every student. Instructional teams have sacred planning time at least once each week to follow a plan, do, study and act process for meeting the needs of every student.
The work of our instructional teams is always focused on answering one of the four following critical questions:
- What is it we want students to know or be able to do?
- How will we know if each student has learned it?
- How will we respond when some students do not learn it?
- How will we extend the learning for students who have demonstrated proficiency?
To learn more about Professional Learning Communities, check out this article.
- Talent Development & Enrichment
- Response to Intervention
- Special Education
- Emergent Bilingual Department (opens in new window)
- Blended PreSchool
- Niles Township District for Special Education (NTDSE) (opens in new window)
- Accelerated Placement Process
- Professional Learning Communities
- Home Learning Resources
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.